Saturday, February 5, 2011

Where Do You Wander?


I would like to introduce you all to one of my best friends, Denial.  Denial comes around whenever things become to overwhelming, and he takes it away.  It's almost like my problems never even existed when Denial comforts me. Upset about something? Denial says a few sweet nothings in my ear, and suddenly I'm restored.

Enter my other pal, Running Away. Running picks up where Denial has left off. Running makes sure I never go back to being troubled. She carries me far away from the source, and leaves me there. It's like a rush, Running can take me places where I'm so far gone, things almost become normal again.

Running and Denial often make me nervous, but there always around when I'm at my lowest points. So how can they be wrong if they relieve all the pressure?

Oh, and I should probably mention Reality. Reality pisses me off most of the time. It's always hitting me upside the head, asking me why I hang out with Denial and Running. Reality rips me out of the comfort zone, and pushes me back into the very problems my other friends take away.

But in the end of things, Reality is what I know I have to hold on to. The friend that I want to be my maid of honor at my wedding. The one I look to while making decisions.  Denial can take me a few yards, Running can carry me for weeks, but Reality is the very ground I walk on. If Reality is the sky, then Running is the plane that takes me through it. Denial are the clouds that cover it up, making it hard to see.

Because planes can crash, and clouds come and go. The sky is a constant.

5 comments:

  1. The best thing I've learned is to become friends with the Anxiety Goblins, over time. Feed them Cheerios even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like this. it's true. reality hurts. reality slaps you with the painful truth. your other friends may give you momentary pleasure but reality is there to stay. he is your true friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reality, is our best friend. It helps us to hold our ground, and that is what makes us.

    Nice read.


    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so true! and frustrating! everything will end up working out, screw those 3 which never seem to leav your side! there attatched to many of us me included !

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I can completely understand, I love the way you explained it.

    ReplyDelete