Saturday, January 1, 2011

Dive into YES!

2011. New year, new me.  I love it, a fresh start. A clean chapter. And I'm sure all of you have considered the same thing. I can say I'm so thankful, it truly does seem like anything is possible in the next year. It's like an open book, and we get to write the story.

Of course, this triggers some anxious feelings for me. I'm always struck with the questions 'What if I make the wrong decision?' or 'What if things don't go as I want them too?' or 'What if I don't do enough, what if I let myself down?' Now that I have written all of my fears, I'm now going to say, who the heck cares? Like I said before, it's time to live and make mistakes. To laugh and to cry. But I have finally realized somethings been holding me back, whether it be fears or just utter laziness. So I'm going to introduce to you..


The Year of Yes.  'Yes' moves people forward. 'Yes' changes things and starts life.

Too often in the past year I have caught myself saying 'No, I don't feel like it' or 'No, I don't want to.' But this year, I want all of that to change. No more sitting around, 'Yes', it's time to take action. 'No' keeps you at a standpoint, it freezes you in time. It causes indecisiveness and holds you back. No matter what, 'Yes' changes you. It says 'we are moving ahead.' And that's exactly what I need in my life, more of YES.  It's time to let go of inhibitions and run free. Run into yes. Yes is positive. And Yes, I can. It's about doing things that I and you want, and about doing things we don't feel like doing because we're afraid or simply are lazy. This year, it's going to change.

I came across this quote on another person's blog (I'm sorry, I can't find who's it was again :( But if it came from you, please tell me and I'll credit you in the next blog!) and it has completely changed my view on the next year. How lucky was I to come across it. It means so much.

"Remember, you cannot be both young and wise. Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us. Cynics always say no. But saying “yes” begins things. Saying “yes” is how things grow. Saying “yes” leads to knowledge. “Yes” is for young people. So for as long as you have the strength to, say “yes'."

So who's with me? Who want's to dive into 'Yes'? Again, I'm nervous as anything, but I'm ready. Keeping the faith of God and myself, and I'm ready. Embracing the fear and turning into action! Let's do this :)

Another one of my goals is just to make everyday count. It's so cliche, but it's true. I want to feel like I put myself into each day. I can do this. We can do this.

I love you, bloggies. What does this year mean to you? I'd love to hear your thoughts and theories! I will talk to you all tomorrow <3 Hope you all had a great new year! Jamie xoxo.

5 comments:

  1. Great post.

    I have a lot of problems with being cynical, but I've been working on turning that around the past couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The year of yes...sounds like an amazing plan! We always say that 'this new year will be different'...maybe this year it actually will be!!
    Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Year of yes, it's even a catchy name! I find myself doing the same thing so I think a year of yes is in order for me as well. =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2010 was a huge, crazy (good) year for me. Got a great new job, moved to a new city, both of my sisters got pregnant. I feel like this year has a lot to live up to, but I also think being open to new things will be very crucial in getting this year off to a great start. Even if this year doesn't live up to last year, I don't want to feel like I held myself back! Great post, Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this blog. This is along the same lines of what 2011 means to me. I feel like a lot held me back and I was not able to be nearly as happy or successful as I could have been. 2011 means saying yes to opportunity and the right people :) Good luck in your journey.

    ReplyDelete