Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Empire State of Jamie

Concrete jungle where dreams are made of, there's nothing you can't do, now you're in New York <3 Well, I'm not there yet, but I will be by say 3 this afternoon.  I haven't been in the city in a couple of years, and when my Dad said that he has a meeting there, I jumped at the chance to go. I hope the tree and all is still up, I've always wanted to see it around the holiday.

And so I'm nervous, too.  Being in big places always does that to me.  But I have to push through this, I'm thinking of this as a step in the new year. We only decided to go after arguing about me going to Philadelphia tonight with my girl friends, we were going to stay and my friend's boyfriends house.  It was short notice though, I only found out this morning and we were going to leave in an hour. But then New York came along and I couldn't pass that up.

When I was talking to my Dad though, he just goes "You're out there, you know that?" I replied to him, "You think I don't know that?" It kind of was a slap in the face coming from him, but it is true, I have been 'out there' lately. He's referring to yesterday when I drove a half hour away to take picture of these giant windmills. They were beautiful, though. It's a little strange, I agree, but that's me. And look at the amazing photo I got:

.
Even for that one photo out of a million I took, it was worth it. I love it.

And lately I've just been trying to decide who I really am. Am I the girl that was raised in a small town where the guys were jocks and the girls were cheerleaders? Or am I something more, more artsy, more deep. It's so confusing, discovering yourself when you've only been around one type of people your whole life. Even my college is small, and just more of the run of the mill people with the same stereotypes that I came from. It must be a Pennsylvania thing. My trip to New York hopefully puts me in a different mindset.

So I better shower since I'm leaving in less than an hour, talk to you tomorrow bloggies<3 xoxo Jamie.

5 comments:

  1. So lucky, I've always wanted to go to New York. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I feel like I can relate to you so much! I'm also from a small town & attend a small college.My parents say things like I'm 'out there' 'weird' 'a little off' all the time! I'm trying to figure out who I am at the moment too, a change of scenery is always a good chance to learn more about yourself:)

    The picture is gorgeous, the half hour drive was definitely worth it. I do stuff like that all the time. During the summer/spring/fall I drive all over the place to find new places to hike/take pictures..it's lovely!

    Have fun in NY, I'm so jealous! I love the city!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky girl, have fun in New York! And we all have so many different sides to us; I am certain that you too have many facets to your personality that you are just beginning to discover. The fun is in being all of these many different things at once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to New York once and loved it. Hope you enjoy your trip

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you for wanting to take a picture of the windmills, they're beautiful! And it's okay to discover yourself and rediscover yourself, I know many adults who still haven't totally figured themselves out! Haha. =]

    ReplyDelete